Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kamar Tidur = Bedroom

After living with an Indonesian host family for the first two weeks of my stay in Indonesia, I moved into a rented house with three other college students.  Before moving in, I stopped by to see what my room would look like, and its a good thing I did because this is what I found...










...an empty room.

No problem though because my roommates knew what to do.  I met up with Parlin, a roommate, to go shopping for some furniture before I moved in.  We made three stops and had everything I needed.  First we purchased a desk, cabinet, and book case, then went to a nearby store to pick up some smaller items like a mattress, chair, lamp, and curtain.  Here's Parlin outside the furniture store.  He was a great help as he did the talking and gave advice on what I would need.




We paid to have a gentleman transport all of the stuff to our house, so they loaded it up into this pickup and we rode up front on the way back.

A fun experience in my first month here.  I was glad to have a room fully furnished once I moved in a week later.  This is what my room looks like today.